Health Care Center
1st and 2nd Shift Positions
Performs nursing practices within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Ohio. Performs daily duties in accordance with job standards and as directed by Director of Nursing. Follows prescribed procedures and policies of the facility and Federal, State, and local authorities, to ensure that quality nursing services are provided at all times.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of residents, information and resident's rights.
- Respects and shows kindness to all residents. Supports person centered care concept.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the facilities nursing department, including Skin Grids, treatment plans, preventative skin care plans, fall prevention care plans, incident reports and follow through prevention plans.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills with respect to facility activities, nursing procedures, and technology.
- Attends team care conferences as needed.
- Provides oral instructions to nursing assistants and LPN’s.
- Records all pertinent information in resident's records, both written and EMR’s.
- Assesses residents.
- Provides resident's care and activities in accordance with their prescribed medical and nursing treatment plans.
- Administers medications and IV therapy according to facility policies and procedures.
- Maintains current CPR skills.
- Functions as team leader and supervisor.
- Supplies and interprets information, supports decisions, and facilitates communication with residents and their families, nurse aides and support staff.
- Assures that residents call lights and alarm sounds are answered promptly.
- Reports changes in resident's health status to physicians, NPs and other clinicians.
- Receives and records oral telephone medication and treatment orders from physicians/physician's offices.
- Report changes in resident's health status to physician, resident and/or responsible party.
- Protects and maintains all work areas in accordance with facility safety policies.
- Assures that floors, resident rooms, common areas and service rooms are free of hazardous debris.
- Performs daily tasks in accordance with infection control and standard precaution policies and procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures related to body mechanics and lift systems.
- Dresses in accordance with facility policy.
- Assures residents individual care plans are being followed by nursing assistants, LPN’s reviewing the assignment sheets.
- Assures that nursing assistants are completing their required documentation before the end of the shiftBincluding EMR’s, Restorative Care, Food/Intake Records and all other records.
- Assures rounds are done with shift to shift change to prevent conflict between shifts and ensure good continuity of care.
- Maintain an adequate understanding of the QA/PI process and participate in performance improvement committees as requested.
- Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Agree not to disclose resident’s protected health information and promptly report suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the Administrator.
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access facility’s information system.
- Assist the Director in preparing performance evaluations as directed.