Part Time - 24 Hours per week
1st Shift and 2nd Shift
Resident Companion assists the elderly who are functionally, physically, and/or socially impaired and need twenty-four hour oversight. The resident companion's role is to assist residents with those activities of daily living in which they are unable to perform without help, fostering at all times residents' independence and freedom of choice. All responsibilities will be conducted in a manner that is consistent with the philosophy of assisted care.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's):
- Dressing/undressing: ensures that clothes are clean, appropriate in season and presentable.
- Bathing: provides assistance with personal hygiene (i.e. shaving, dental hygiene, nail care, hair care, etc.).
- Mobility: uses various devices that enable resident to ambulate independently (i.e. cane, walker, wheelchair, crutch, etc.).
- Dining: meal time reminders, sets up and cleans tables as needed, transports food from buffet to table, waits tables as needed, room service as needed.
- Toileting: assists in transfer and dressing, assists in applying incontinence devices.
- Laundry services: delivers and picks up bed/bath linen; personal laundry. Will come in contact with a variety of laundry chemicals.
- Health maintenance/monitoring: observes and reports physical/mental changes to Manager or designated nursing staff; conducts room checks and resident rounds; monitors for safety hazards; reports resident related incidents/accidents.
- Activity Program: encourages and reminds resident of scheduled programs. Assists with activities as needed.
- Emergency Preparedness: responds to and acts appropriately in emergency/disaster situations or drills. Attends mandatory in-services as directed plus enough additional in-services to meet requirements for STNA.