Part Time - 12 Hours per week
2nd/3rd Shift (6:00 pm - 6:30 am) - 12 Hours per Week
Performs nursing practices within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Ohio. Performs daily duties in accordance with job standards and as directed by the Health Services Supervisor. Follows prescribed procedures and policies of the facility and Federal, State, and local authorities, to ensure that quality nursing services are provided at all times.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Protects and maintains confidentiality of residents, information and resident’s rights.
- Respects and shows kindness to all residents.
- Maintains the standards of nursing care and implements the policies and procedures of the facilities nursing department including skin grids and treatments, preventative skin plans, preventative fall plans, incident reports and admission paperwork.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills with respect to facility activities, nursing procedures, and technology.
- Attends team care conferences as needed.
- Provides oral instructions to nursing assistants.
- Records all pertinent information in resident’s records.
- Assesses residents.
- Provides resident’s care and activities in accordance with their prescribed medical and nursing treatment plans.
- Document administration of medications according to facility policies and procedures.
- Functions as team leader and supervisor.
- Supplies and interprets information, supports decisions, and facilitates communications with residents and their families, and nursing assistants and support staff.
- Assures that resident’s call lights are answered.
- Receives and records oral telephone medication and treatment orders from physicians/physician’s offices.
- Reports changes in resident’s health status to physician, resident, and/or responsible party.
- Protects and maintains all work areas in accordance with facility safety policies.
- Assures that floors are free of hazardous debris.
- Performs daily tasks in accordance with infection control and standard precaution policies and procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures related to body mechanics and lift systems.
- Dresses in accordance with facility policy.
- Assures residents individual care plans are being followed by reviewing nursing assistant assignment sheets.
- Assures nursing assistant are completing their required documentation before shift ending including service check off lists, Restorative Care and Intake and Output records.
- Assures rounds are being done with shift to shift change to prevent conflict.