Part Time - 24 Hours per week
2nd (3 pm - 11 pm)
This position involves responsibility for performing various activities to meet the care needs of resident in an Adult Family Home. This includes: meal preparation, cleaning, laundry duties, transportation, activities, and resident support services as well as participate in improving quality of care/services. Staff members must exhibit patience and tact in dealing with the aged, many of whom need additional assistance. The work is performed according to established procedures and performed under the direction or specification of a higher level supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares specific food items following appropriate standards for food preparation, handling, and services for an Adult Family Home.
- Serve residents meals ensuring the temperature, portions, and timeliness of the service.
- Performs a variety of general cleaning duties for the entire house which includes but is not limited to: dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning windows, cleaning carpets, and laundry services.
- Maintain, clean, and organize all rooms and closets in the Adult Family Home.
- Collects and disposes of recyclables, garbage, and trash.
- Empties waste containers as specified.
- Change bed linens and make beds.
- Collects soiled laundry: washes, dries, folds, irons, performs minor clothing repairs and distributes laundry.
- Delivers mail and packages to residents.
- Transport residents within and outside of the facility.
- Assists with all resident needs for ADL’s (activities of daily living).
- Assist with nursing related services under the direction of a physician or licensed nurse.
- Inform supervisor of resident needs and concerns.
- Responds to procedures for alarms and alerts including notifying appropriate staff.
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living (ADL's):
- Dressing/undressing: ensures that clothes are clean, appropriate in season, and presentable.
- Bathing: provides assistance with personal hygiene (i.e. shaving, dental hygiene, nail care, hair care, etc.)
- Mobility: uses various devices that enable resident to ambulate independently (i.e. cane, walker, wheelchair, crutch, etc.)
- Toileting: assists in transfer and dressing, assists in applying incontinence devices.
- Maintains current CPR and First Aid skills.