Home Health Care Companion
Home Health Caregiver
PRN - As Needed
This position involves responsibility for performing various activities to meet the care and/or service needs of a client in their home environment. This includes but not limited to: personal care assistance, meal preparation, housekeeping, laundry, transportation, activities, and resident support services as well as participate in improving quality of care/services. Staff members must exhibit patience and tact in dealing with the aged, many of whom need additional assistance. The work is performed according to established procedures and performed under the direction and supervision of the Home Support Director.
- Prepares specific food items following appropriate standards for food preparation, handling, and services.
- Serve client meals ensuring the temperature, portions, and timeliness of the service.
- Performs a variety of general cleaning duties for the entire house which includes but is not limited to: dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning windows, cleaning carpets.
- Perform laundry duties such as washing, drying, folding and putting away
- Empties waste containers, collects and disposes of recyclables and garbage.
- Change bed linens and make beds.
- Collects soiled laundry: washes, dries, folds, irons, performs minor clothing repairs and distributes laundry.
- Delivers mail and packages to client.
- Transport client when needed.
- Assists with all client needs for personal care services.
- Inform supervisor of client needs and concerns.